Feedback - Complaints & Reviews of Decisions
NSW Trustee and Guardian (NSWTG) welcomes feedback from clients and other interested parties. Clients and stakeholders are encouraged, and have a right, to express their views about the organisation and the service it provides. If you wish to provide feedback or make a complaint about NSWTG you can follow the steps listed below. If you are unhappy about a decision NSWTG has a review of decision process please refer to Fact Sheet Number 6.
If you would like to provide feedback or make a complaint you should do the following:
- Contact your Client Service Officer (CSO) or Private Management Liaison Officer (PMLO) at NSW Trustee and Guardian and speak to them about your concerns.
- If it is about a decision that was made, ask the person to explain why the decision was made. You can request that decision be explained to you in writing.
- If you are still dissatisfied after speaking to a CSO or PMLO you can ask to speak to the person’s supervisor who can review your complaint with you.
- If you are still unhappy after this step you can write to the Manager, Quality Service & Community Relations, NSW Trustee and Guardian who will allocate the matter to a senior officer to review and respond, usually within 21 days.
Manager, Quality Service & Community Relations
NSW Trustee & Guardian
Locked Bag 5115
Parramatta NSW 2124
Telephone (02) 8688 2600 or 1300 360 466 (outside Sydney)
How will you know what's happening?
Complaints lodged with the Manager, Quality Service and Community Relations will be acknowledged shortly after we receive them. You will be advised of the outcome of your complaint and any action that is being taken as a result, usually within 21 working days.
If you remain dissatisfied you can contact the NSW Ombudsman on:
General inquries: (02) 9286 1000
Toll free (outside Sydney metro): 1800 451 524
Telephone Typewriter (TTY): 02 9264 8050
Facsimilie: (02) 9283 2911
Review by Administrative and Equal Opportunity Division NCAT
An application may be made to the Administrative and Equal Opportunity Division NCAT for a review of a decision of the NSW Trustee and Guardian that is made in accordance with NSW Trustee and Guardian's functions. An application to the Administrative and Equal Opportunity Division NCAT is not available where the decision by NSW Trustee and Guardian was made in accordance with a direction given by the Supreme Court to NSW Trustee and Guardian.
Who can apply to have the Decision Reviewed by the Administrative and Equal Opportunity Division NCAT?
In the case of clients whose financial affairs are directly managed by NSWTG, an application to the Administrative and Equal Opportunity Division NCAT to review a decision may be made by:
1. the managed person in respect of whose financial affairs the decision was made,
2. the spouse of the managed person, or
3. any other person whose interests are, in the opinion of the Administrative and Equal Opportunity Division NCAT , adversely affected by the decision.
Where the NSW Trustee and Guardian oversees a Private Manager appointed to manage the financial affairs of a managed person an application to the Administrative and Equal Opportunity Division NCAT to review a decision may be made by:
1. the person appointed as Private Manager, or
2. any other person who, in the opinion of the ADT, has a genuine interest in the matter to which NSW Trustee and Guardian's decision relates.
How to contact the Administrative and Equal Opportunity Division NCAT:
For contact details go to: www.ncat.nsw.gov.au
Specific information about reviews of decisions made by NSW Trustee and Guardian can be found on the website on the page titled Guardianship, NSW Trustee and Guardian & Powers of Attorney matters in NCAT.