Why join us
As a NSW Government agency, we offer great conditions and a wide range of benefits including:
- flexible work
- health and wellbeing
- career development
- professional networks
- diversity and inclusion
- regional employment
- leave entitlements
We support you to balance a fulfilling career and personal commitments. Our people are empowered to work with their manager to find a flexible way that works for customers, the organisation and personally. Most roles are 35 hours a week with the following flexible work options available:
- part-time work
- job sharing
- working remotely from different locations
- variable start and finish times
- flex time (eligible employees)
- compressed work week.
Health and wellbeing
Your health, wellbeing and safety matters to us. To support you we offer:
access to Fitness Passport; discounted access to more than 250 gyms and pools across NSW
- free annual flu shots
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Program for employees and their immediate family
- a peer support program.
We want you to grow, enjoy what you do and move forward in your career. Working for a NSW government agency opens you up to learning and development opportunities like:
- a range of continual learning and development programs
- secondments, higher duties and acting in a higher-grade position
- up to four-hours study leave for relevant professional study
- leadership programs
- access to online and classroom-based short courses
- a dedicated performance development framework
- participating in NSW Public Sector Communities of Practice.
Through our relationship with the Department of Communities and Justice, our employees have access to a range of events and networking opportunities, including those that support workplace inclusiveness and diversity, such as:
- The Young Professionals Network
- Women in Communities and Justice Network
- DCJ Pride Network
- Disability Employee Network
- Multicultural Network
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Staff Communication Network.
Diversity and inclusion
We are committed to reflecting the diverse community we serve and creating an inclusive workplace for all people, where everyone feels valued. Our commitment includes:
- promoting the employment of women, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- supporting reasonable adjustments in the workplace for people with disability
- a dedicated customer disability advocacy unit
- proudly celebrating events such as International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, Harmony Day, International Day of People with Disability and Mardi Gras.
- support of government-wide initiative such as the Age of Inclusion and other relevant action plans.
Our workforce has a regional voice. With nine regional locations, remote working technology, and access to the wider NSW government network of regional offices, you don’t need to be fixed to one spot to do your job.
Some of the financial benefits of joining us include:
- competitive salaries including graduate positions
- part-time study assistance
- salary packaging via superannuation contributions or a novated lease.
We offer a range of leave options to support your lifestyle including:
four weeks’ annual leave
- up to 15 days paid sick / carer’s leave
- eight weeks long service leave after 10 years of service
- 14 weeks’ maternity or adoption leave for primary caregivers and two weeks parental leave for the other parent at time of birth, adoption, or surrogacy
- option to purchase additional leave
- leave for special circumstances; from jury duty to donating blood.