Feedback and Complaints

We are committed to continuously improving our service to customers and welcome your feedback. If you would like to let us know about how we've done something well, please use our contact us form, or simply tell one of our staff.

If you wish to make a complaint about trustee services provided by NSW Trustee & Guardian please refer to the steps listed below. Please also see our Complaints Policy.

If you disagree with a decision made by NSW Trustee & Guardian on behalf of a person under a financial management order, please refer to our Internal Review of Decision process.

How to make a complaint

Step 1
Contact your service centre team and speak to them about your concerns.

If your complaint is about a decision that was made, ask the service centre team member to explain why the decision was made. You can also request that decision be explained to you in writing.

Step 2
If you are not satisfied after speaking to your service centre team, you can ask to speak to the team's manager to assist with resolving the complaint.

Step 3
If you remain dissatisfied after this step you can write to the NSW Trustee & Guardian Customer Resolutions Coordinator who will allocate the matter to a senior officer to review and respond in writing within 15 business days.

Customer Resolutions Coordinator
NSW Trustee & Guardian
Locked Bag 5115
Parramatta NSW 2124

Telephone (02) 8688 2600 or 1300 360 466 (outside Sydney)

How will I know what is happening with my complaint?
Complaints lodged with the Customer Resolutions Coordinator will be acknowledged shortly after we receive them. You will be advised of the outcome of your complaint and any action that is being taken as a result, usually within 21 working days.

What if I am dissatisfied with the handling of my complaint?
If you have made a complaint to us and you are dissatisfied with the response, you can write to the Customer Resolutions Coordinator and ask that an internal review of the complaint be undertaken. This means that another, more senior staff member will look at your complaint, and decide whether or not it was handled fairly and reasonable steps were taken to resolve the issue.

If you still remain dissatisfied and your complaint concerns NSW Trustee & Guardian's administrative processes, you can refer your complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.

NSW Ombudsman
General inquries (02) 9286 1000
Toll free (outside Sydney metro) 1800 451 524
Telephone Typewriter (TTY) (02) 9264 8050
Facsimilie (02) 9283 2911